Summer weather, like winter, does funny things to hair! UV Rays can breakdown the healthy proteins in hair, making it dry, dull and brittle. Add humidity to the medley and the result is uncooperative and frizzy hair, damaged and prone to breakage.
Not to worry – with proper care your hair can be luscious all year long!
6 Tips to Summer Perfect Hair:
- Get a Trim – avoid flyaways and frizzy hair with regular trims and remove any split-ends before they get unruly. Hairstyles require upkeep. Regular visits to the Hair Salon will keep your hair healthy, and your style looking its best!
- Protect Your Hair – wear a scarf or hat and protect your hair from the damaging effects of the sun! Even wearing your hair up in a bun will minimize exposure.
- Avoid Excess Heat – the heat of curling irons, hair dryers and straighteners can harm the hair cuticle, making it brittle and prone to breakage. Apply a specially formulated product to protect your hair before applying heat.
- Deep Condition Hair – when it’s clear that your hair is damaged, try a deep conditioning treatment or hair mask to help restore hair health.
- Avoid Alcohol Based Products – alcohol tends to dry out hair causing frizzing in humid weather. Switch to a more natural hair care product and beat the battle of the frizz!
- Boost Your Colour – hair colour fades in the sun, it’s a fact. Dyed hair can become brassy and dull with regular exposure. Home hair dyes can be very damaging to both the hair and scalp, and produce variable results. Don’t risk it – leave your hair colouring to the professionals!
At Mane Society you can rest assured that you are in good hands with our professional hairstylists. Choose from any of our carefully appointed services and products. If you are not entirely sure what to book and prefer a little guidance navigating through our selection, no problem – contact us! We will be more than happy to help you choose.